Winter Wonderland 2016! ⛄

So as I mentioned in my weekly recap, plans for Winter Wonderland fell through just a little this year so instead I went on Monday by myself!

Click here to see the vlog or watch below. Ps. I actually spoke to the camera!
It's always fun at Winter Wonderland. I've been the last 3 years since I moved to London and while I don't think it lives up to the hype, I do love going because it puts me in a festive spirit. Of course, it's much better when you actually go with someone!
They have so many little stalls and of course sweets shops. I got my dad some fudge there last year, so I decided to get him some again. Somewhat accidentally, by the end of the night I was feeling exhausted so I managed to eat it all. Oops!
Despite that though, I actually didn't buy anything there this year. Last year I got Jessica and mum's presents there. Plus a few little treats for me. I did see some cute little bits and pieces but I didn't see anything that screamed "buy me" at me.
I feel like this year they've defintely made the main attractions a) a bigger deal and b) more accessible. The ice rink is right by one of the main entrances. I loved watching everyone go round while listening to the live music in the centre. It was so nice to sit, watch and listen.
My cousin and her boyfriend got the cutest photo stood in front of these arches. It defintely makes a beautiful backdrop.
I actually did do a few of the attractions this year. First, I went into the Magical Ice Kingdom. I can't even describe how incredible the sculptures are in there. I'm in awe of their talent and apparently they have artists in every night to make small adjustments to the sculptures. I actually found it really interesting that they also had some snow sculptures too. plus the use of 'fire' and props was intriguing. The thing that made the experience even more immersive was the sound effects playing at each scene; from ocean, dolphins, dogs and fire crackles. I loved it!


They even had an ice slide for people to go down and a ice chair to sit on!
I was a little shocked when I first walked in as to how cold it was so I defintely needed some of the priciest chips ever to warm up afterwards!
Next up on my agenda was The Nutcracker on Ice. Not going to lie, I don't know the story at all and it defintely wasn't what I expected. I do think it was a very clean performance and some of the songs were very impressive but the majority was repetitive with a limited repertoire showcased. It was also a main girl throughout and I just felt that the interaction was somewhat lacking between castmates; the acting and storytelling was lost and I was left feeling utterly confused. 
I'm obsessed with ice skating so I did enjoy it somewhat but I wouldn't recommend it, especially for the price, unless you really want to see it.
Finally, the ferris wheel. I don't know what I was thinking...
I didn't remember it being all that tall last year but as I got closer and closer I realised just how big it really was and it wasn't for me. Even so, I went ahead telling myself I'd be fine because other people would be with me. It wasn't. They weren't.
I actually think vlogging helped me calm down somewhat because I was literally shaking in fear up there. I think it's not the height that scares me, it's the breaking and falling. I'm fine with the London Eye but the temporary structure just freaks me out. What made matters worse was that I finally reached the bottom thinking I would get off and then it went around again...and again! My reaction would have been priceless.
Luckily, I did eventually make it off and then after a little more wondering around, I left feeling very Christmassy! :)

Comments