Thankfulness πŸ¦ƒ

I don't know if you saw my Instagram post last Wednesday but honestly it was like the best sick day ever! I woke up without a voice, I felt terrible, I had the worst cold and a pounding headache. I had to go into university because I had Anatomy which you can't catch up on so I got dressed and set off at 8.30am. I still felt terrible but there were so many positives throughout the day that made me really thankful. Even though I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, it couldn't have been more perfect timing.
I had the best Anatomy session ever as we learnt to put in a nasal endoscopy and do a tracheal intubation. It was so enlightening and made me feel really good about myself. Seeing what we've learnt put into practice means so much more to me and it was a really nice break from the hard core textbook learning we usually are pushed through.

On the way home, just outside Warren Street Station, Gousto was offering free meal boxes. I've always loved Blue Apron from American YouTubers so when I first heard of Gousto I was intrigued but it was so expensive! I picked up a free Nutty Noodle meal which I honestly can't wait to use.

The rest of the afternoon was productively spent catching up on notes before I went to a really fun and inspiring meeting for a new mindfulness app. Listening to people's stories, strengths and views made me so grateful to be where I am knowing how much others have gone though. There was only 6 of us there so it was really intimate and I ended up getting to take a whole pizza home plus a can of coke...tea score!


Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, when I got home, I realised I'd reached over 10,000 views on my YouTube channel. I'm over the moon and while I've never really been controlled by goals, milestones are defintely something to celebrate. Thank you isn't even enough but to everyone who's ever watched a video, thank you so much.

To top of the incredible day, towards the end of the night, I saw a girl was selling her ticket to Hobbie Stuart's concert and so when I asked if it was still available, she said yes and literally sent me it then and there. I was amazed and couldn't be happy. I had the best time at the concert and had a very interesting experience ;)

It really was the best sick day ever and while Thanksgiving isn't a thing here in England, I do think the core of the celebration is important. Sometimes it's the little things that can make someone's day and sometimes a day can go from bad to great with just one act of kindness.

I am so grateful for everything I have to be thankful for. "The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They make the best of everything they have." I may not have the things that I want but I have a loving family, supportive friends and an incredible university. What I'm most thankful for is to be able to read and write. Without which I wouldn't be writing this and I wouldn't be able to read all my stories, creating a new universe.

"Never let the things you want forget the things you have." I love this quote. often it's so easy to focus on our goals and future plans - wants - that we don't realise what's right in front of us is incredibly special. With so many people struggling to survive, I am thankful for my health and happiness.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Comments