My "Best of 2016 Year" - Pictures Explained

I loved last year's best nine pictures and was so excited to do the same this year. Best nine is an annual website which uses your Instagram username to select your top 9 most liked photos of the year. 

Here's mine from this year and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed because obviously straight away, 4 of them are of Birchbox! Clearly, the hashtag used is popular. 

1. Louise Pentland, known as Sprinkle of Glitter on YouTube, and me! I loved meeting Louise and had the absolute best time. I actually can't believe that after having the opportunity to meet her and chat to her, I ended up winning her entire collection. That was such a crazy time and I loved every second of it. I even made a lookbook and took tonnes of pictures for a haul post.

2. 3. 4. and 9. Like I said, seemingly Birchbox is very popular with 4 pictures in my most liked. I love Birchbox, I really do, and this year I've got the monthly subscription box each month bar one. I love the products but mostly I love the boxes and how pretty and useful they are. My last month was the October Birchbox but I did just create my own at Selfridges which was the best!

5. Sophie's 21st Birthday! I had so much fun helping celebrate my flatmate's 21st birthday and she was the first of us to hit the milestone. It really was a fun day, despite getting covered in drink, but that photo is taken from The Vaults. It was such an amazing, magical location. I can't wait to go back!

6. Aww. This picture was in fact taken on New Year's Eve from 2015 when my friend, Hannah, came over to mine to be a part of our party for a little while before heading off to be with family. Hannah is one of my oldest, and is defintely my closest, friend that I've known since we were both 4. I posted this picture to celebrate her 21st and wish her the happiest of birthdays. As she's in Liverpool and I'm in London, it's a little tricky to spend each other's birthdays together.

7. I'm so glad there is at least one Christmas picture in here. It's one of my favourite times of the year and this one is of Covent Garden. In the market, they had giant mistletoe all over the roof. In fact, they went very giant there because their tree was HUGE too. It was a fun Christmas filled day because my dad came down to London and we went out for lunch before I went shopping in Covent Garden, Oxford Circus, Leicester Square and finally went to Trafalgar Square. I was so desperate to see Daily Bumps, Bryan and Missy Lanning, that I was constantly checking my phone but then it died so I went home and then they were literally at Covent Garden for tea just moments later.

8. I love my university room decor and especially this wall of a clothespin banner. I fell in love with the idea of these a long time ago and ended up eventually doing one at the farmhouse, which I did a tutorial on. I loved it so much so this year, when I printed off a load of Instagram photos in polaroid style, I thought it would be perfect above my desk. It didn't quite get done in time for the room tour but it did get added to the post!

It's funny to see my most liked photos and how it doesn't correlate at all with my favourite memories. I think this year for me, has been overwhelmingly filled with concerts and I love that. I love listening to music and hearing it live. Being a part of it and feeling the atmosphere has always excited me so I can't wait for more. This year I've been lucky enough to see: Ellie Goulding, LANY, John Newman, The Vamps again, The Tide and New Hope Club (thrice!), Gabrielle Ross, Kate Voegele, Tyler Hilton, Luke Friend, Bailey McConnell, Justin Bieber (with The Knocks), Josh Taylor, Jack Quickenden, Calum Scott, Jamie Lawson again, Ebony Day, Hobbie Stuart and Bastille (with Jagara and Rationale). Gosh that is a lot when I list them all!

Next year my goal is defintely to see fewer people aha but I already have a couple booked with Us the Duo and Olly Murs!

I think I'll always remember this year as my YouTube year. I'm so proud that I've managed to post at least one video almost every single week of the year. That is just such an achievement for me and it's so nice to be able to look back and see them all. I love having them all available wherever and whenever. I've also reached 60 subscribers and over 10,000 total views which is incredible.

I hope you've had the best 2016 and I hope you have an even better 2017. Happy New Years!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will
    be waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment