"Dive In!" August Birchbox: Unboxing and Review

Do you want your own Birchbox Subscription? There is no better time than now to sign up. Click here now and on the link below to get £5 free to spend at the Birchbox Shop as a bonus! I love getting a little surprise present in the mail each month. 

This month's Birchbox is a little different! Instead of a BirchBOX, it's a BirchBAG like in December. When this was announced, I was so excited because they look seriously gorgeous and so practical as a wash bag. Plus I loved the idea of recycling old diving suits. 

Unfortunately, it arrived very squished in a box envelope, the paper booklet that I love each month was folded and ripped and the bag itself has what looks like teeth marks in it. Opening it up I was defintely incredibly disappointed. 

On to the products!

Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo - £14.50

 I tend to buy products on the cheaper end of the price scale so while this is a little more than I would personally buy, I do surprisingly like this product. If you read my post on curling my hair, you'll notice I leave my curls in for a week - if not over! By the last couple of days, it defintely has seen better days in terms of greasy hair. Well I tried this very smooth product and I was thoroughly impressed! It does the job in my case without leaving any residue and it smells nice. It's impressive how easy it is to use and blend in.
Merci Handy Love & Hand Cleansing Gel: Black Vanilla - £2.90

Most hand sanitisers are probably pretty much the same as this. It smells okay; I got the Black Vanilla flavour and I personally tend to prefer the fruity scents instead. I do like the design of the packaging and the liquid itself is actually really pretty with the different coloured dots inside. Unfortunately, I'm in love with The Body Shop range because they're cheap, the perfect size, smell amazing and taste good. Ps. No I don't eat it but I usually sanitize my hands before and after eating and of course when you lick your fingers...hence.
Balance Me Congested Skin Serum - £16.00

I have suffered with acne for a long time and so I take prescription medications. It is finally in a manageable condition thanks to my skincare and make-up routine so I don't particularly like to mix it up. This might work on minor blemishes but as someone who suffers with acne it doesn't really do the job for me.
English Laundry Signature For Her EDP Spray For Women - £60.00

 For a person who never wears perfume, this wasn't at all overpowering and in fact it was very fresh smelling. If it's possible for a perfume to make you feel pretty this did. I felt very girly! It's a nice little treat and the perfect size to take on holiday. For the price, admittedly, it's a splurge treat so try and get a sample to make sure you like it first!
Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner: Mulberry - £10.50

I really can't work out this product. I love it and then I hate it. I picked the purple colour to mix it up but I'm still not sure on it. It really does open up my eyes and I love it on my water line underneath. It's smudge-able at first but after the first few minutes it completely dried and won't move. Mine lasted the full day with just two coats. I haven't managed to find a look which I like it with on the top water line yet but we'll see. For those who love a pop of colour, this is perfect!
Anatomicals The Buff Stuff Citrus Body Scrub - £3.99

I can't get over how cute this packaging. It's a really fun and lively scrub both in looks and job. It smells divine and even though it's not meant I can't help but smell watermelon. Fresh and pure. It's a really gentle exfoliation so perfect for just after a holiday when you want to keep that nice tan you worked so hard on. My only negative of this is that it is quite a small quantity and you need quite a lot of product to do a whole body so it doesn't last all that long.

Overall, despite the damage to the bag, the products themselves were very nicely selected. There was a massive range and they all have their own individually uses which is nice. Other than the packaging and damage, the only other negative I have is the colour. I received the pink colour. When I saw these bags the ONLY colour I said I didn't want was pink so it would have been nice to pick my own colour.

I can't wait to carry all my electronics to the pool and beach when I travel the world - eventually! - and keep them all dry and safe.

Do you get a Birchbox subscription? If yes, did you like this month's? If not, do you want one? Click here now to get £5 free to spend at the Birchbox Shop as a bonus!

Click here to read my other Birchbox posts: July, May, March, February, January and December.

P.S. I know I usually take my own pictures but given my accident in Morocco (click here to read all about it and here to see the vlog), I just haven't had time so all the product pictures are from the Birchbox website.

Comments