"Never Ending Summer" July Birchbox: Unboxing and Review

I didn't think I was getting a June Birchbox because they changed the box design and as someone with mild OCD I didn't like that idea so I decided to skip a month. But I ended up recieving both my July and June at the same time, watch my surprise unboxing below or click here!
I written a number of blog posts about this subscription box and I love them all. Click to read the last ones I've done: MayMarchFebruaryJanuary and December. Which is your favourite so far?

If you would like to get a box for yourself, just simple click here for a direct link and both you and I will get a discount! You still have time to get your own July box if you want too :)

Onto the products!

The first of five this month is the full size Love of Colour x Millie Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil in Bohemian Rose. If you saw the unboxing you would have seen this was probably my biggest disappointment but it has genuinely grown on me a lot since then. It is actually really pigmented and very much true to it's colour. I love the packaging on the LOC products and that the design is very ergonomical. The pen-like chubby pen makes it really each to hold and apply. It is however very much a gloss and quickly wears away with any activity (eating, drinking, kissing, talking) causing it to build up around the edge and look very cakey so for sure you need to wipe it off and reapply. Having said that, I will end on a positive note and say that it is very moisturising making it perfect for summer!
LOC X Millie Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil in Bohemian Rose - £9

Secondly, is a hair product from John Frieda for easing hair frizziness. This product definitely made it worthwhile getting the box because the price of the box almost matches this and it's full size! I tried it on my natural straight hair first and wasn't really happy with the result. I don't think anything really changed but it could also be the fact that the summer heat is a little crazy at the moment. I then tried it on my heatless curls and it did seem to tame them just a bit but nothing major, however it did smooth my hair out. After first struggling with the bottle, I finally got it open. Once the lid has been unlocked, it is easy to use but it's not like I was expecting. There is no scent which is good but I was expecting a mousse and instead it came out as a moisturiser-like consistency. Unexpected. I did end up using 4 pumps rather than one but maybe that's because it was the first time and my hair is thick and long.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Forever Smooth Anti-Frizz Primer - £9.99

Onto the ELEMIS Hydra-Nourish Night Cream. It has virtually no smell; it has none in the bottle and on your finger, once I started to massage it into my face it got a little stronger but barely. I don't even know how to describe it other than a cream-y smell (not the food). I love the packaging because I think it's really lightweight and easy to carry around. I love the squeezy bottle because you can get almost the perfect sized portion whereas with what I'm used to, pots, I take a swipe and always always ALWAYS end up having to put some back in. Given the hot weather here at the moment, I've not been wearing anything during the day because I know I would just sweat all my makeup off so I do feel like it is getting the moisture sucked out of it so for once I was actually really excited to get a night time moisturiser. I personally prefer lightweight moisturisers and this is defintely a thick one. Despite taking a small amount and rubbing it in, it still took a while to soak in and it feels like another layer because it is so thick but it is defintely moisturising. I also like a cooling moisturiser at night, especially after a hot shower, but unfortunately this one isn't at all; I even tried it after putting it in the fridge but it didn't work very well so for that reason I think I'll be sticking to after sun, as my choice, in the summer.
ELEMIS Hydra-Nourish Night Cream - £43

Next up is a nail polish from Nails Inc. This picture doesn't even do it justice how small this product is. It is so teeny tiny that it is so hard and fiddly to apply. Not only does it not give you much product but it also means that the brush is small so it takes much longer to cover your finger hence much more time consuming that normal. Having been used to OPI for years now, I love how thick they are and pigmented so unfortunately this Nail Inc doesn't compare at all. I will however admit that it is a gorgeous pink blush colour.
Nails Inc Nail Polish - £14

Finally the Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water. Once I saw this I was actually really excited to try it. I've always worn BareMinerals makeup and use purely water to take it off, followed by my Clinique face wash. Having said that, I've recently been trying to find a liquid foundation that I love by trying my sister's leftovers which require something a little more substantial to remove it at the end of the day. This is very light and non-sticky. I love the fragrance and overall it's very refreshing. I wouldn't say it's a heavy duty makeup remover but it does release by foundation more than regular water so it's perfect for the use I want.
Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water - £15

So that's if for this month's Birchbox post but next month it looks like the box will be a wash bag! 

Comments