'What I Ate' Wednesday!

So this post is inspired by Anna Saccone of Saccone-Joly's on YouTube who also has her own channel Anna Saccone and blog. She does a What I Ate Wednesday every week and while I personally don't find it very interesting I know a lot of people do. I think it's interesting once in awhile to see a normal day or what she eats when she goes out, for example, but most weeks it's the exact same thing or at least very similar.

I definitely won't be doing one of these posts every week as I probably have maybe 10 days worth of food on rotation and honestly, I would be bored writing it up. But I did think it would be interesting to show you guys what a typical day of food looks like for me.

Breakfast
For breakfast this morning I had a strawberry and banana smoothie. Now sometimes I pour the smoothie into a cute mug I have but most the time I just drink it straight from the blender cup. I was going to for the sake of a picture but I thought I would be completely real and honest and just show you how I eat it. In reality, the less washing up, the better!

Tip: washing a blender can be so hard and so much hassle so hack of the day, pour warm water and a drop of washing up liquid into the cup, attach the blade again and blend it. It cleans the cup so easily with no hard work, trying to get under the fiddly blades. You're welcome! ;)
The background is actually the postcards I got from my January Birchbox. How cute are they?!

Lunch
I didn't go to university today so I was home for lunch which meant I could have something warm. I decided to go more a ham and cheese panini. Often I have it with carrots and cucumber but having not had the smoothie that much earlier, I decided to skip a side.

Snack
A few hours later, I was super bored of going through some lectures and having made the bad decision of opening a giant bag or Doritos last night, I snacked on a couple handfuls of them. I was quite impressed I stopped myself but I really wasn't hungry so I couldn't eat much more.

Tea
I ended up falling asleep in bed for a couple of hours so I had tea a little later than usual. I had one of my favourite go-to meals of pasta carbonara.  It's super tasty and easy to make.
I have a complete sweet tooth so after every evening meal I always have to have something sweet and chocolatey! I went for a chocolate chip muffin today and they are seriously my favourite and so filling!

Snack

Because I ended up having an afternoon nap, I went to bed a bit later than usual and ended up having a midnight snack. Luckily, I had an Pink Lady apple in my bedroom so I had that instead of more crisps!

Drinks
So usually I just stick to water when I'm at home and then occasionally I'll have a can of Diet Coke with it. Today was one of those days that I just needed a little pick-me-up so I treated myself to a can. I tend to drink a fair amount of water throughout the day but probably not enough. I fill up all my containers at the start of the day and then make sure to empty them all before I go to bed.

I have a bottle from BareMinerals, a big cup, a water bottle and then a normal small glass. I have no idea how much water that is though...
________________________________

As I'm writing this up, I find it hilarious that I already have recipie posts for all these meals. I'm seriously shocked! I swear I hadn't planned that at all but I guess it shows I really do have a few favourite meals that I just recycle.

Hope you enjoyed this day in a medical student's life, food edition! Let me know if you'd like to see another or more food related topics :)

Comments