Christmas Cinnamon Angels! (Baking)

So the other night I decided I would make the Cinnamon Angel Cookies that my mum got me for Christmas! Click here to see the full blog post! It takes you to an American website but my mum actually got these from John Lewis apparently. Unfortunately, I think it was probably just a Christmas special. :(

Anyway onto the baking! It was actually really easy because the mix came with everything but an egg and 120g of softened butter. 
 I began by beating the egg and butter and then added the mix in. I started using the wooden spoon but once it got hard to mix properly, I just used my hands. As soon as it was mixed I stopped because it's always easy to overwork dough.
I then wrapped up the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for an hour. This is always the hard part! It's always tempting to just start working right away but for good cookies, you should let it rest.
 Once time was up I floured my surface and rolling pin and then started rolling it out. It was actually a lot easier to work with as I added more flour to the mixture.
 The cookie cutter came with the mixture and was super cute so I just did them all as angels. It actually made a lot more than I expected but I think on refection, I really should have made them thicker!

I then placed them in the oven on 180 C for 10 minutes. When I came back, they looked like this! Turns out, as we have a fan oven it's suppose to be 30 C lower than it says so they were a little over done. Still, I did it one/some(!) and they were yummy!
I placed the cookies on a plate that I made probably over 10 years ago and I'm still so proud of it! I think it's so cute!
 After sprinkling a little icing sugar on them, I think they looked semi-decent.

 Regardless, I was super proud of them! And as Sprinkle of Glitter said earlier today, a black and white filter hides a multitude of sins! :')

Hope you enjoyed this post and happy baking!http://

Comments