A Quick Cuppa With…Katie!

A few months ago now, I was approached to be a part of a series on another blogger's website called 'A Quick Cuppa With...'. I was so excited I replied straight away with my set of answers...seemingly with a lot of others too! I contacted Katie and asked if she would like to answer the same questions over on my blog. She said yes! So today both our answers are going live.

I wrote my answers so long ago, I can honestly say, I can't remember what I actually wrote myself so it will be nice to read along with all of you too! Click here to read it.

So onto Katie's answers. Katie blogs at Living Life Our Way, so feel free to head over and say hello and visit her on Instagram and Twitter too.

Introduction
Hi, I’m Katie! I have one daughter, ‘Squiggle', who is home educated. We live in Hertfordshire, with hubby and our furbabies. We spend alot of our time outdoors in nature, but we also love creative activities too. And I'm a keen photographer. Oh and I also have a passion for live music!

Name one random fact about yourself.
I CANNOT ride escalators. Seriously!

Who is your biggest inspiration? 
In a way, my daughter. She is super creative, really inventive - thinks like there is no box! She is determined and passionate, and not afraid to fail, and is inspired by the world around her.
Fun at a local park
Tell me about your blog. What is the main theme? What inspired you to start it? 
My blog, Living Life Our Way, is a lifestyle blog that covers a variety of topics from educational resources and activities at home to travel and outdoor adventures. I write about green living and general life stuff too. Anything that interests us basically!
My original blog started out as a hobby and way to share my experience as a new mum, then it just kind of evolved from there over the course of quite sometime.

Do you blog full time or do you work as well? How do you juggle your time? Any tips?
I home educate and care for Squiggle full time but blogging is my only source of income. I fit it in around her needs, which can be difficult at times but is far more flexible than any of the alternatives! My tip would simply be to be realistic about how much you can do and not take on too much!

What is the best piece of advice you can give to fellow bloggers?
Aside from my tip above, I would say keep at it. (As long as you still have that passion to keep writing of course!) Sometimes it is easy to become disheartened, but you never know what's around the corner!

How do you relax/ spend your 'free time'? 
Erm, does blogging count?! ;-)

What are your favourite family activities? 
Nature walks, anything outdoors...

Where is your favourite outdoor place to visit?
I love loads of places but a particular fave is visiting the Dorset coastline.
Seal watching at Donna Nook, Lincs
Best family day out?
Southend-on-Sea would be high up on the list.
A day out at Southend-On-Sea
Thank you so much for answering Katie and thank you everyone for reading! :)

Comments