"AIR" October Birchbox: Unboxing and Review 🌫

This month's Birchbox theme was "What's Your Sign?" and there were 4 different box designs based on your birth sign. I actually really liked the Fire box design!

  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn 
  • Air: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius 
  • Fire: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius 
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces 

I'm not going to lie. This month didn't go quite according to plan. I received my box 4 days late and then the box was damaged and indented while when I opened it, one of the products was opened and leaked everywhere ruining all the products and of course the keepsake box. I contacted them and after a long almost 2 week wait period, the box finally arrived with useable goods!

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® Collagen Booster - £47.00

Love the product and love the smell but defintely not worth the price. It's makes my skin feel tighter and smoother but I probably wouldn't get much use out of it as I already have my evening routine worked out. 

Lord & Berry 20100 Maxi Matte Crayon Lipstick (Intimacy) - £12.00

Without a doubt, my favourite item this month is this lipstick. It's easy to apply, subtle yet pigmented, long lasting and smudge-resistance. It also has no taste nor smell so it's perfect!
Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Magic Touch Body Cream - £19.50

This is perfect for after a long shower. It's not thick so it feel very much lightweight which I love and it has a fresh, floral scent.
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - £39

When I first saw this I thought I wouldn't use it because I don't use dry shampoo but I tried it on my flatmates hair and oh my gosh! It is defintely a texturising spray and perfect for those up-hairstyles on clean hair because it gives it that extra grit it needs to hold styles. I probably won't ever purchase this unless I'm specifically going to a fancy occasion because it is very expensive but I do think it is pretty incredible and the formula is clear so it disappears instantly.
Number 4 Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil - £18.40

I feel like I've been given so many different hair oils from Birchbox since I started my subscription and honestly, I'm kind of over them. I rarely use them because I don't think it makes all that much difference - if any - and at the end of the day, it adds extra oil when I'm trying to prolong my hair between washes.

In addition to these five items, they included a 6th bonux item in the form of a full size Eyebrow Brush for £1.99. It works perfectly well and sturdily made me nothing special as it is the same as all the others I have worn. 
In the picture I am wearing the lipstick.
Overall, if it wasn't for the damage and late delivery, I would really like this box! I don't like the fact that it is another drawer box and this time they gave us no warning but I like the design, which even glows a green-tinge in the dark. If it wasn't for the lipstick I would be disappointed but the lipstick defintely makes it worth it! 

Do you want your own Birchbox Subscription? There is no better time than now to sign up. Click here now and on the link below to get £5 free to spend at the Birchbox Shop as a bonus! I love getting a little surprise present in the mail each month. 

Comments