Glitter Lips (An Obsession and Review)

On the flight back from Egypt with Thomson's, I bought a new product that they had for £10. Usually it is sold for £12.50 but I have become a little obsessed and now want to get it in 3 more colours! I initially got the colour Sparkling Rose but  I love Guilty Rose, Ultra Glam and Ruby Slippers.

You may have noticed it on my Instagram with not just one but 2 posts dedicated to it. Of course, it's Glitter Lips.

The link to buy it is here: http://beautyboulevard.co.uk/shop/glitter-lips/

How to:
It's really simple to put on and the instructions come with every pack.
  1. Apply the lip gloss glue to one lip and keep the lips separated.
  2. Wet the press brush.
  3. Place it in the glitter and press onto the lip.
  4. The glitter stay on the lips very easily. 
  5. Repeat until there are no spaces left on that lip.
  6. Use the brush side of the brush to brush off any excess. 
  7. Repeat on the other lip. 
  8. I then firmly pressed both lips together. Up until this point, you keep them separated or they do stick together! 
  9. If you feel any parts sticking together, add some more glitter to that area. 
  10. Press again and your done. 

Review
I tried them for the first time on Sunday at the family BBQ (link to the daily blog post here) and I fell in love. I don't think I should have worn them for that day but I wanted to try them on and then I couldn't get them on.

First of all, how cute is the packaging! It's a lot smaller than I expected but there is everything you need to get the look. It comes with the lip gloss which is almost like glue, the glitter of your choice in a little clear tub and a double-ended brush, one side to wet and press the glitter down and the second to brush off excess. I found both sides of the brush really useful and you can see my method above on how I used each. Of course, you don't have to use my method and each box comes with clear simple instructions.

The glue is definitely strong! Initially I wanted a drink and food but I didn't want to touch my lips so it was hard but you don't need to worry. It stayed on for nearly 10 hours before being thoroughly and aggressively scrubbed off with my make-up remover.

It will be great for a night out because not only is it gorgeous and sparkly, but it also means you don' have to ever reapply throughout the night. It doesn't come off on skin however I can't promise a snog won't ruin it a little...I haven't done that test yet ;)

If you love this product as much as I do, let me know in the comments below.

Comments